MG TF 1954
MG TF 1954
USA rust free car
LHD with heritage cert.
Original engine, temp and oil pressure as in hand book.
New hood, brakes, SS exhaust, ignition etc. bills for 3000 euros.
Spanish Historico plates,
ITV untill Dec 2011.
For Further information please call Daffydd on 966787982/650130177
TF and TF 1500
Body style(s) 2-door roadster
Engine(s) 1250 cc XPAG type I4
1466 cc XPEG type I4
Length 147 inches (3734 mm)
Width 59 inches (1500 mm)
Height 52.5 in (1334 mm)
The TF was essentially a stop-gap car to keep production going until the new MGA could be approved for production by the BMC hierarchy which did not want a car that would compete with the newly-announced Austin-Healey. The TF launched in 1953 was a facelifted TD, fitted with the TD Mark II engine, a sloping radiator grille and the headlights in the wings. The external radiator cap was now a dummy as a pressurised cooling system was fitted to better cope with hot climates.
In 1954 the engine was re-designated XPEG and enlarged to 1466 cc by increasing the bore to 72 mm (2.8 in) giving 63 bhp (47 kW) at 5,000 rpm and the car was designated the "TF1500".
Production ended on 4 April 1955 after 9,602 TFs were made, including two prototypes and 3,400 TF1500s. The TF was superseded by the MGA.
The TF name was reused in 2002 on the mid-engined MG TF sports car.